Waves at Pemaquid, ME

Description: Waves crashing against the Pemaquid coastline is always a treat and hard to take your eyes off. It is not recommended to go close to where they are breaking for obvious reasons. Here the ocean wasn’t that turbulent but the color of deep green brought out color on the rocky coastline.

All comments welcome

Canon Mark lV
24-105 L
105mm, ISO 500, 1/100 sec., f/22

ig west_quoddy

Hi Harvey, I know this area well as we always visit here when staying in Boothbay Harbor. It’s fun watching the parade of waves hitting the rocky shore. You’ve caught some nice inbound breakers and I’m enjoying the frothy green and whites contrasted with the browns and tans of the stone. I also like your composition of the rock finger reaching out diagonally into the water. A classic Maine shoreline for sure!

Thank you Jim for your comments. Maine is a very special place and I hope whenever I photograph there I do all I can to do it justice. Your comments are encouraging.

Regards
Harvey

84CC6363696B42E0A8869C973083017A.jpg

Harvey, you’ve got a fine mix of solid rock and breaking waves. The variety of colors looks good also with variety in both the rocks and the water (at least where the water can be seen through the foam… :grin:).

Thank you Mark. Those were some of the things that effected me as I approached the shot. Every moment posed a different scene.