Along the Shore VI

Image 7
Along the Shore VII

Image 8
Along the Shore VIII

Image 9
Along the Shore IX

Project Description

This group of images is “Part II” of my water series. They’re more distinct reflections of trees, etc. than in the previous group, “Water & Light.”

Self Critique

I’ve enjoyed exploring the lagoon I described previously. The more I do, the more details pop out at me. I look forward to seeing and capturing more. PS I’m sure there is a lot that can be improved!

Creative Direction

I’m interested in pursuing more details of the lagoon and its life as the seasons progress. Perhaps eventually even looking under the water.

Specific Feedback

I’ll appreciate feedback on the aesthetic, conceptual, emotional and technical aspects of these images! Thanks.

Intent of the project

Gallery Exhibition

Additional Details: I’m working on these (and the previous set) to possibly hang in my gallery.

1 Like

Just beautiful images. Ive been working on reflection photography and really hard to an image to really speak out. But you have done just that … images really speak out !!!

Gill,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciate it. They are different! I’m glad to know they work for you. :blush:

Susanna

| Gill Vanderlip
January 12 |

• | - |

Just beautiful images. Ive been working on reflection photography and really hard to an image to really speak out. But you have done just that … images really speak out !!!

The first and last a real gems. I also like the 2nd one very much … and the one in the rain. As I said before - the work is poetic.

Thanks so much, Igor! I’ll have to examine the ones you mention.

| Igor Doncov Valued Contributor
January 12 |

• | - |

The first and last a real gems. I also like the 2nd one very much … and the one in the rain. As I said before - the work is poetic.

What a beautiful collection! I find the majority of them calmly captivating and soothing. I can “hear” the sounds associated with the scenes, the faint rustling of leaves in the wind, the light patter of rain on the surface of a lake, the cluck of small waves on the edge of the water… Like a guided meditation.

As always, series of photos will have both heroes and “supporting actors” and which is which will differ according to the viewer. I’m not sure if you want individual feedback on the photos but here it is (thinking that it can’t hurt, right?).

My Heroes are #1, 4, 6, 7 and 9, with perfect compositions and crop as well as beautiful shapes, lines, direction and flow.

#5 is close to the top but for the brighter reflection in the upper left corner, tugging at my eye that might perhaps be toned down a bit without looking unnatural(?). If you agree and there’s more room in the bottom, perhaps shifting the crop downwards could eliminate it while offering some more breathing room towards the top of the tree in the bottom?

In a similiar fashion, the dark “strip” with it’s small bright spots in the top of #8 locks in my gaze a bit too much for my taste.

The bright top in #3 affects me similarly and if there is material for a crop shift like I suggested for #5, that might perhaps work well for you too?

The bright band in #2 works better as it’s a bit farther from the edge, but darkening it (especially on the left) might perhaps make the image even better?

In the end, they all fit together and complement each other very beautifully, creating a sum greater than their parts and the sequencing feels good (perhaps switching #2 and 8 might be good too?).

Now I have to go find “Part I”…! :wink:

Stephane, thanks so much for your feedback! I’m not on the website right now, but will take a look tomorrow so I can match your comments with the images. I can tell already that it’s going to very helpful! I’ll be back in touch! Thank you, again.

| Stéphane Jean
January 16 |

• | - |

What a beautiful collection! I find the majority of them calmly captivating and soothing. I can “hear” the sounds associated with the scenes, the faint rustling of leaves in the wind, the light patter of rain on the surface of a lake, the cluck of small waves on the edge of the water… Like a guided meditation.

As always, series of photos will have both heroes and “supporting actors” and which is which will differ according to the viewer. I’m not sure if you want individual feedback on the photos but here it is (thinking that it can’t hurt, right?).

My Heroes are #1, 4, 6, 7 and 9, with perfect compositions and crop as well as beautiful shapes, lines, direction and flow.

#5 is close to the top but for the brighter reflection in the upper left corner, tugging at my eye that might perhaps be toned down a bit without looking unnatural(?). If you agree and there’s more room in the bottom, perhaps shifting the crop downwards could eliminate it while offering some more breathing room towards the top of the tree in the bottom?

In a similiar fashion, the dark “strip” with it’s small bright spots in the top of #8 locks in my gaze a bit too much for my taste.

The bright top in #3 affects me similarly and if there is material for a crop shift like I suggested for #5, that might perhaps work well for you too?

The bright band in #2 works better as it’s a bit farther from the edge, but darkening it (especially on the left) might perhaps make the image even better?

In the end, they all fit together and complement each other very beautifully, creating a sum greater than their parts and the sequencing feels good (perhaps switching #2 and 8 might be good too?).

Now I have to go find “Part I”…! :wink:

1 Like

Susanna, These are lovely. The variety is wonderful and very worthy of a show.

1 Like