Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Image 9

Image 10

Image 11

Image 12

Project Description

Continuing to learn how to put together a project.
My last attempt was of small closeup images.
@Tomas_Frydrych Frydrych pointed out I had enough treescapes for an additional project.
This project continues my Blackwater goals of showing the beauty of wetlands.

Self Critique

In the past 50 years, I always looked at my art as something to hang on a wall. I would pick the best image from an assignment and only print that.
When I started my mission to make folks see the beauty of swamps I thought projects would do the job better.
With your help, I want to learn how to use a group of images to tell a story.

Creative Direction

To tell a story

Specific Feedback

Looking for help with curating and sequencing images.
Does the cover draw a viewer in?
Are some of the alternates better?

Intent of the project

Magazine Submission

Alternate Images

Please provide feedback on whether any of these images would fit more cohesively in the project.

Alternate Image 1

Alternate Image 2

Alternate Image 3

Alternate Image 4

Alternate Image 5

This is a project of exceptional quality. Each image is great in and of itself. Now the question is whether they group well together. I need some time with you this. Image #11 really stands out from the rest. I’m not sure whether that’s a good thing or not. There are certainly alternates that could take its place. But maybe a surprise like that is a good thing. Rather than being out of place it could energize the viewer. The alternates are really good as well. I like both the first and especially the 2nd alternative.

Considering its quality I’m surprised this project has gone unnoticed here at NPN.

Just Beautiful Photography …Very Inspiring !!!

I saw it when it was posted, and intended to come back to it. Thanks for bumping it back to the top, Igor.

It is a wonderful series. I love the subdued mood of most of the images. As Igor noted, #11 stands out as different because of the bright colors. It doesn’t have the same mood as all the others. Likewise, Alternative #3 doesn’t feel the same either, for the same reason.

Alternate #2 is a striking image, but it doesn’t seem to fit with the rest because it’s so graphic. Alternate #5 also has a different mood to me. It’s a different part of the “story”, but it feels out of place. The rest of the alternates could fit.

The title page, in b&w, also feels out of place because all the images are in color. Seems like the title page should give the viewer a peek what’s inside.

1 Like