Image 7

Image 8

Image 9

Image 10

Image 11

Image 12

Project Description

Learning how to do projects.
I have posted the black-and-white version and received great advice.
Thanks, everyone
As stated previously most folks are drawn to mountains my passion is wetlands.
The blackwater swamps of the southern United States are perfect mirrors. This project is about blackwater and the debris that falls on it in autumn.
Working on getting mankind to see the beauty of the swamp.

Self Critique

With a limit of 12 images, I do not know if my scope is too narrow or does it work to make people aware slowly in small chunks?

Creative Direction

Trying to capture the beauty and peace I find the the wetlands.

Specific Feedback

Aesthetic and Emotional visual responce

Intent of the project

LensWork Image Suite Submission

Alternate Images

Please provide feedback on whether any of these images would fit more cohesively in the project.

Alternate Image 1

Alternate Image 2

Alternate Image 3

Alternate Image 4

Alternate Image 5

Alternate Image 6

1 Like

Ah, I have missed this, I think because in the overall UI it comes up with the title image as the thumbnail. I really liked the B&W version, but I like this even more. Your selection of the images is very cohesive, and where some in the B&W some seemed quite similar, this is not so in the colour version, and the colour versions offer more insight into what the swamp is like, I had no idea it was that rich in colours. Looking at the alternative images, it seems to me you have enough there for a whole different project more focused on treescapes, but in terms of the cohesion of the current set I think you pretty much nailed it.

@Tomas_Frydrych
What did you fell about the formating?
I will try your dark gray background on the cover.
Kind of like how the image blends to the black background of the cover.
Thanks
again
Steve

Hi Steve,
Ive never critiqued a project on here before but here goes. These are fantastic. As i was scrolling through i kept thinking ‘thats my favorite, nope, that one is’. I think the alternate photos are nice but dont fit in to the project as well as all of the others do. I think the fact that you did not choose those speaks to the overall feeling of the images you did select. In the same vein, the only image that doesnt fit as well is image 5 but it is still a great image, im on the fence.

Hey Steve, I think that overall this looks really good. The only thing that I’m not sure about is Image 5. Not that it’s not a great image but simple because the subject matter feels a bit at odds with the rest of the images. I really don’t know because I’m back and forth on it for the past few hours… I’d be curious what other people think because often my likes and dislikes are completely different than that other people – usually I’m the odd one out….

edit: I just saw that @Cameron_Wilcox pretty much said the same thing regarding image #5. :slight_smile:

totally agree. no problem with the image on its own, just in deciding how it fits with the group.

Would the below be better?

1 Like

I love the overall formatting, including the black cover. For me the way the cover image bleeds into black background enhances the sense of being drawn into the swamp, and then I am presented with the intricate details once I enter. The white background works very well for the subsequent images I think, but the header could do with a little bit more space between the text and the line, I think.

Oh, this is lovely. It has a much more cohesive feel than your b&w group. I agree with the others on #5 - it doesn’t fit so well. The alternative you posted (group of green pads on left) would fit in much better. I also agree on the alternatives of the wider scenes; they’re lovely, but don’t go with the blackwater lily pads. They would make a nice project on their own.

Yes, I think this image is a much better fit for the project than the alligator. :slight_smile: