Always Busy

It seems to me that a squirrel on the hunt is always busy.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Iso 12,800, 100-400+ extender at 560 mm, F10, 1600th, handheld, no flash, A7r4, 60% of full frame

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David: A great take on the challenge and a terrific capture of this guy. Good looking critter and environment. Top notch shot. >=))>

A nice look at this squirrel, David. I like the head turn a lot.

Yes, squirrels do create a busy feeling. (Most of the time…I’ve seen them sprawled out, napping on a branch catching some morning sun.) This is a great view of this one, with a nice batch of habitat around it.

Beautifully captured squirrel, David, with such a typical pose. I have lots of them in the grounds of my flat - they amaze me often with their agility and, as you say, business. Nice to have it located in among the trees they scale so expertly.

A neat twist on the theme, David. Excellent detail in the squirrel makes it stand out from the busy background. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this coloration in one before. Was this taken here or on one of your trips?

A fun take on the theme and an especially nice capture of this squirrel, David! Excellent detail and color in the fur.