American Wigeon Male

Next bird up is a nice American Wigeon Male taken close to shore.

Nikon D750, Nikon 200-400 ISO 400, F9 1/800

I really liked the lighting showing off the beautiful colors of this fine wigeon.

Shot as low as possible due to area conditions. Great day for shooting lots of different kinds of ducks. more to follow.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Superb detail, Andrew, and the lighting is very nice. I like the angle of the duck. We always seem to be fighting viewing angle with ducks-so many of the venues are on dikes or elevated walkways, but you got down pretty well here. I would remove a couple of highlights on the left side of the frame, particularly the one near the top. A fine image.

Nice sharp detail. The processing looks very natural. I would agree with Dennis on removing that bright spot at the top left. Composition is good. Lovely image.

I like the pose and the detail is great. I wonder about brightening it a bit or increase the shadow detail in the breast?

The lighting shows the colorful and well patterned head of this duck well. The large frame is very sharp and the colors of the water show up the subject well. I am not as bothered by the bright spot on the top, but that’s an easy fix.

Hi Andrew,

Very good details and color. The white spot is an easy 2 second fix and other than that–Well done…Jim