Among the blossums

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

My mobility has been limited for some time. This image was taken through a window in my home.
I was trying for a bird surrounded by blossoms. This was the best I could do,

Specific Feedback

I think it is a bit soft. Possibility due to shooting though a window, or just my not holding the camera steady.

Technical Details

Canon R10. RF 600mm F-11. 1/1000 F-11 6400 ISO hand held.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems, John. I like the bird among the blossoms and I’m having fun trying to figure out where that round ball in its mouth came from. Interestingly, the chest looks nice and crisp and I would have thought the head would be as well unless this was near minimum focal distance. I do see some noise throughout the image. I’m not sure how you’re doing your processing these days, but some of the software, including LR does a pretty fine job of handling it.

My kind of shot. A pleasing scene with a bird in it. Nice pose and something it’s eating. Well captured. Hope your mobility improves.

Thank you for your comments. I forgot to add, it was very windy with strong gust.

Sorry you are having issue John. I love seeing the eyes of these grackles so well - quite stark and engaging. Love all the flowers in the scene and the contrast with the black bird is great.