Among the Wildflowers & repost

This past summer on one of my neighborhood walks, I wanted to make this small patch of wildflowers in the middle of a city look like you were in the country. So I laid down on the sidewalk. I was even able to get a bee flying.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 100
70mm
f/4.5
1/640
Slight crop, as I could see a little bit of the blurred highway, lights and traffic at the top of the frame.

naturenessie

Vanessa: You did really well with your POV and I like your DOF choice. The bee on the same plane of focus as the main subjects is a nice bonus. Nicely done. >=))>

1 Like

I agree with with Bill, your choice of DOF having the background flowers blurred but still recognizable to different extent makes the image.

1 Like

Thank you, so much! This is probably one of my most intentional, worked shots of just a landscape. I mostly go for animals and take quick photos of the other things around me. But I really liked this tiny patch of flowers and wanted to make it look bigger!

Hi Vanessa, mission accomplished, I do believe I’m in the country. :grinning: Good idea to lay low for this shoot and the bee is a bonus. All the out of focus flowers impart a feeling of being in a large meadow. Just a minor nit, I would prefer the two main subjects to be a bit more off centered, but still a lovely city scene.

1 Like

Hi Jim! Thanks for the feedback! Were you meaning something like this?..

Looks great Vanessa, you nailed it. And, still plenty of elbow room for the flowers. What a great portrayal of “beeline”, lol.

1 Like