Already Claimed!

This was on the Bessie Butte trail outside of Bend, OR. This bee was so funny climbing and flying around these flowers, she seemed excited like she found a goldmine and was claiming all rights to it!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Nikon D3400
ISO 100
260mm
f/8
1/800
Cropped and adjusted exposure

Is this a composite: No

naturenessie

Vanessa, it sounds like you were enjoying yourself while shooting this image. Always nice when the subject is a bit entertaining as well as photogenic. I wish he had faced inward toward the nice yellow flowers. I am guessing that you were enjoying the flowers as well, and wanted to include as many as you could into this frame, but I am just thinking that maybe rather than the pano composition, a 4X5 might work, cropping the out of focus item from the bottom right. You would still have most of the flowers, but loose the distraction. You got pretty good detail in the bee and the flowers look nice.

1 Like

@Shirley_Freeman
Thanks, Shirley! I have a couple other poses that might be better. I was trying to upload them before but couldn’t. I’ll show you now…

And maybe this one…

Vanessa, both of these images work better for me. The bee has room to move, which is nice. It would be nice if you had software that allowed you to tone down the bright stems in the background, but it is what it is, and you should be very pleased with your captures.

1 Like

@Shirley_Freeman thanks, Shirley! Yes, I see what you mean about giving the bee more room. These are better because she’s more in the midst of the flowers instead of the very edge of them. Thank you for your interest and feedback!

1 Like