In the Meadow

I was laying down and wanted to try and get a bugs eye view in this field of flowers.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Nikon D3400, ISO 100, f6.3, 1/1000, 300mm/450equivalent. Did a slight crop and tried to clean up around the edges as good as possible (bits of flowers and grasses poking in).

2 Likes

I love this. Low angle works quite well and shallow DOF is perfect.

Well done.

1 Like

Sounds like a wonderful thing to be doing camera or no camera. Such a welcome scene and I like the in and out quality of the focus. There are a couple of white bits at the very bottom that I’d crop out and if your software allows you might darken the stem of the daisy going out of the frame on the left. Really inviting and makes me almost hear the bees buzzing.

2 Likes

Yes, this is really nice.
I agree with David, the low angle (or bug’s eye view, I like that phrase) and the shallow DOF served you well here.

Also, I like the detail and patterns in the umbrella or the underside of the left in focus flower (when viewed large), I also like the dark and light patterns created by the overlap of the petals on the same flower. :slight_smile:

I like it very much!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the rendition of the out of background. The way those flowers are almost sharp (rather than really out of focus) really adds a lot of texture and context to the image and makes for an overall pleasing presentation.

1 Like

Wonderful perspective, Vanessa and a fun playful feel to this scene. Nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

I really like the mix of yellows and whites here, Vanessa. A lovely summery shot.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa,

I like the shallow DOF in this shot. There’s only one flower in sharp focus and that’s all your comp needs. One thing that a lot of photographers take for granted is the position of the camera relative to the subject and it should never be overlooked. By positioning yourself down into the flowers, you snagged a fun composition. Well done…Jim

2 Likes

Hello @David_Bostock thank you! I’m glad you liked it. It was one that I wasn’t sure about, but I’m glad it works!

Thanks @Kris_Smith for your feedback, I thought I had gotten everything, I went back in to eliminate that and tried with the stem, but it just darkens everything. Glad you like it overall!

Hi @Merv I’m glad you like it and also that you noticed the details in the sharp flowers! That’s a part of the whole scene that I really like too. Thank you for your feedback!

Thank you for your comment on this @Tom_Nevesely! Yeah, I was really trying to get the front flowers in focus but didn’t want the background totally blurred to make it as three dimensional as possible like you could walk through it. I’m hoping I pulled that off, which I think you’re saying it’s like that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @linda_mellor for your nice comment! I like your take on it being playful! Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks so much @Mike_Friel! I really love the white and yellow flowers too! Glad you like it!

Thank you @Jim_Zablotny for your comments. Yes, I agree I love getting on the same level as my subject whenever I can. I’m glad you like it!