Amur adonis + Repost

This flower is called “Fuku-ju-sō” in Japanese. “Fuku” means “fortune”, “ju” means “longevity” and “sō” means “plant”. When we see this flower start blooming, we expect spring will come soon. The flower is rather small (1.2-1.6in). Camera position was too low for a tripod, so I put the camera on a bean bag.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique or comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon EOSRP, Canon Macro 180mm, f8

2 Likes

It looks like its in the succulent family…is it? I like your explanations and translations with your images. And I also use a beanbag when I want to get VERY low. The colors are so rich, maybe too much with the OOF blooms/buds. Maybe a little crop and dial down the intensity to bring the attention back to the main flower? Just some ideas. Thanks for the look into this tiny world.

I like the detail and off-centered-ness of the foreground flower, but it does have some visual competition from the other bright yellow flowers in the scene. Burning down these other OOF flowers would provide added emphasis to the main subject.

Wow, Naofumi! Love the perspective on this photo! I like how you can see all the details on the one flower and then all the other flowers are nicely blurred out all around it. It’s so little! Beautiful colors and softness!

I darkened and desaturated the yellow flowers and buds except the main subject. What do you think about this?

1 Like

Nofumi: Looks like a cactus flower but from your description this is much smaller. I do like your repost (I edited your title so that folks will know to revisit the image) but the original works for me. Very nice DOF control and composition. Top notch shot. >=))>

Very lovely, and the repost has brought it up a notch. It looks like a lovely harbinger of spring.