Anna Too

On March 31, I posted it image of an Annas hummingbird taken at iso 12,800. Here’s one taken today with almost an identical composition and wing position taken at iso-3200. No Topaz AI stuff on this one. Noise reduction was solely in DxO photo lab. Minimal processing on this image.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-3200, 100-400 at 400 mm, no extender, no flash, F9, 2500th, A7R4, handheld

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A really sweet pose and lovely bg. Very sharp and lots of detail. It looks like a fun photo session.

Nice pose and background, David. The detail is amazing for just noise reduction.

Much nicer and more natural than the previous similar image. Very nice in all aspects.

Excellent capture, David! Great clarity and color on the bird and it looks quite clean considering ISO-3200. It didn’t give you quite enough shutter speed to stop the wings but that’s not surprising for a Hummingbird.

Hi David, very nice image. Fine details and the body is completely sharp with a pleasant wing blur. Terrific background. I’m not sure about the shooting angle here - seems to be somewhat below the bird but that is a minor point. Well done.

I agree this is more natural. I don’t really enjoy shooting at iso 12800 but with the low light levels in the Pacific Northwest, sometimes one has no choice. And it does require more software tools to remove the noise.