Annas Hummingbird

At first I thought this was a Calliope because it was so smalll
but, most likely an Annas coming to the feeder.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Tried to get the noise out but at ISO 6400, very difficult.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600, 226mm, 1000/sec, f/10, ISO 6400, cropped to 3026x2131
LR cc and PS

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Charlie: Too bad about the ISO on this image. Definite degradation of the overall quality from that ISO and the noise reduction that you applied. I’m wondering why f/10 and ISO 6400 on a lens that could be opened to somewhere between f/5.6 and f/6.3 at 226mm. That would have allowed just as fast a shutter speed at an ISO that would have been lower than 3200 and helped with the issue. Maybe you can elaborate on what NR software you used and/or share the original to see if others have some options to deal with the noise.

this had potential but as Keith said, the 6400 iso makes it so noisy that it is difficult to see the detail. in addition you enlarged it which also has the potential to make the noise more visible. The two software products I recommend to deal with this kind of situation are first of all DxO Photo Lab 3 elite edition which has amazing noise reduction, or topaz Denoise AI. if you can afford it, you can probably find the photo lab delete edition for about $150.

But is Keith states, you could have been shooting at lower iso-and larger aperture.