Another hot day coming

It’s almost done with the heat-wave. Waiting for nice cool weather tomorrow.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more then welcome !

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This image conveys the rich quiet of the country scene with splendidly subtle textures and colors. The subtly of the pastures is outdone by the raw silk quality of the sky. Caspar David Friedrich would be proud of this sky. The canal connects earth and sky with its line and its reflections. Cows and ducks are present, but as grace notes.
The almost-centered horizon makes neither sky nor land the star. I would prefer one or the other. For me, the lower 25 percent of land does not seem to add much, so I would crop that out and let viewer enjoy the sky, canal and land in that order. Just a personal preference of course.
The far left end of the canal is a bit white, and might benefit from a brush of color.

A lovely evocative image Ben. On my screen there is a noticeable halo between the trees and sky, and to my eye the yellow green cast is a bit too strong.

Ben, it is very-very beautiful. What gear did you use to get it?

Ben, this shows as a quiet, inviting, country scene (not a day about to turn into a scorcher… :smile:) The mix of green land and yellowish sky looks good. There’s a classic painterly quality to the colors and the setting. I do see JPG compression artifacts along the skyline in the large view.

I like the concept of including the farm animals in this pastoral scene, and of using the canal as a diagonal leading line. But I don’t see this as one of your stronger images Ben. I think the sky is not interesting enough to justify using a dead center 50/50 horizon. For 50/50 horizons to work you need more interest in the sky. This horizon leaves you with a static image IMO. I also don’t like the strong green color cast noted by Tony.

@Dick_Knudson, @Ed_McGuirk, @Mark_Seaver, @svetlana, @Tony_Siciliano,
Although I like this image as it shows the land on an early morning as it is. Sky, mist, cattle,and grasses, all equally important to me. Therefore a 50/50.
The green cast gives for me the atmosphere of the moment together with the little red and blue.

I thank you all for your comments and remarks. There is a lot to learn for me.

It is your art. I need to bend with your sense of balance. Beautifully understated land and sky!

1 Like