Another on the crotton leaves

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The temperatures have gone up and have started seeing more of these jumpers. Here is one on the crotton leaves.
6D2, 180 Tam, ext , F13, ISO 800 Flash

Balan Vinod

Technical Details

6D2, 180 Tam, ext , F13, ISO 800 Flash

Balan, I am a big fan of jumping spiders. They are one of the most adorable little creatures out there. I love the warm colors in the overall image.

Was there any specific feedback you’d like viewers to comment on?

I would love to see a little more detail on top of the jumper’s head. Maybe opening the shadows a bit would create that contrast against the darker BG. The image is gorgeous and has great DOF.

1 Like

Balan, this is a very attractive look at this little spider in a very colorful environment.

Hi Balan, really nice catch of this spider - love the red surroundings. Those eyes are intriguing and I like the look at those hairy mouth parts. Well done.

Oh yes, one of my favorite subjects, Balan. Nicely done. The reds all around just makes him stand out nicely. I like the POV too, with him looking down slightly at you. I don’t think I would change a thing.

I love that you also got a red background. Excellent shot, Balan.