Color Waves and the Jumper

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A crotton leaf and the jumper, under garden.

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

6D2, 70-200, Extn, Raynox

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Balan, I love Jumping Spiders, so I am thoroughly enjoying this image. I like the composition, with the little guy peaking over the oof flower, and the black BG behind him. The lighting to me is spot on, making those eyes stand out so nicely. I sometimes have trouble getting those eyes right (the reflection of my diffuser sometimes just doesn’t look right). Excellent job.

I have been out of commission way too long. My husband passed away and then within 3 weeks of his passing my friend of 54 years that was like a mother to me also passed away. I did get to go up to Delaware and see her while she was able to talk to me, so I am thankful for that.

Hopefully my life will settle down a little and I will be able to view and comment on here, especially in the Macro. I have a lot of catching up to do.

2 Likes

Balan: My immediate impression was, “peek a boo.” Really cool POV and a fine capture. >=))>

Beautiful, Balan. I love the wave of color and the softness of it and the spider peeking out is just fabulous. Very well done.

Shirley…my heartfelt condolences. I do not have any words to express. My prayers are with you, that god give you the strength. My prayers Shirley…

Balan

2 Likes

Hey Balan.

I can appreciate arachnids but they are certainly not my favorite… However the way you’ve captured this critter gives such character to it. Almost like it’s a Pixar film. Love the ethereal Orange anchor and how the Spider rises out of it…

Kudos!

Thank you, Balan.

A beautiful shot, Balan. I love how the leaf bisects the frame diagonally. Well done!

This is a great shot Balan! I really love the color palette in this with the bright oranges and the dark black BG. Those eyes just pop out of the frame. Nice image.