Orchard Weaver

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A spiders art work. Made this image in early morning backlight with dew …
Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

6D 2, 180 Tamron , 7.1, 1/80 , ISO 200

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

This is very cool, Balan. I love the patterns formed by the web and the backlight brings out some wonderful colors. When I look closely, it looks like the spider is busy repairing the web as I think I see a line of silk coming from the spinneret.

Balan, this is really cool. That backlighting with the dew, and the angle you shot it makes this a unique look at this spider and it’s web. Nicely seen and captured.

Balan: This is 99.44% perfect. The 0.56 that bugs me is the color blob in the ULC. It pulls my eye and I think I would make it go away. After that this is a marvelous find and an even better capture. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Balan, I think this is super. Not only is the spider in great focus, but the shape, position and all the colors of the surrounding web complement it so well. For the first time (?), I disagree with @Bill_Fach - the refraction colors in the corner I thought were a gorgeous extra; but then I’m a sucker for color!

Love it! Excellent perspective, detail, and the streaks of colour, including Bill’s “blob” :slight_smile: add a lot, imo.
Great eye to see this, and great t processing

Many thanks @Dennis_Plank @SandyR-B @Shirley_Freeman @Bill_Fach for your kind words.

I was infact confused if I should leave out that ULC or include it while presenting. The frame was near monochomatic, hence added the spice :wink: all your comments has left me thinking …if thats required or no. Let me check if I have other images of the same one …with a marginally different angle…

Balan Vinod

1 Like