The season has kicked off for the orchard weavers. First of the season

6D2, 180 Tamron, 800 ISO, 1/100, F9

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

balanvinoddotcom
4 Likes

Wow what a beauty. The delicate structure of the abdomen really comes across. The legs too. Great job on the focus point, too. I like that you’ve given her space to move into. The crisp line of web moves the eye to where prey will likely become trapped. Bravo!

Balan, this is a very fine look at this spider. You captured very nice details in the spider, and enough in the web while still keeping a very nice smooth background. The colors in that one strand of the web is a nice touch too. Very nicely done.

Hi Balan,

There’s a lot to like in this comp. The spider’s body is very sharp and the dreamy background fits the comp well. Awesome…Jim

So much wonderful detail here, both the in-focus and OOF things. And the rainbow hues on the one thread are the cleanest I have ever seen!

Outstanding!

The remarkable ingredient of the image is the angle of approach and allowing the foreground/background to remain out of focus.

The long lens kept you from getting trapped in the web.

Balan: Love the POV and your DOF management especially. The light refracting off that one strand puts this over the top for me. Really well seen and superbly captured. >=))>