Funnel Web

Apologies, had been away with some personal work, and also my equipment was at service.

This is a funnel web spider shot inside its funnel.

6D2. 70-200F4l, Extn, Raynox, ISO 800, 1/80, F22
Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

balanvinoddotcom

Welcome back Balan. And what a fine specimen this is. Nicely captured, framed, and processed. I feel like he/she is looking right at me. Very cool.

Welcome back, Balan. That is an “in your face shot”. Such nice details right where needed too. Very nicely done.

Amazing detail, Balan. From this perspective, he looks quite scary. Very nicely done.

I really like your composition here, Balan, with the legs spread out and the view of the raised abdomen. Beautiful colours too!

What a treat! There are a few funnel weavers on my house, but I always spook them down inside before I can even think about photographing them. Congratulations on your stealthy approach and the final image. The legs frame the abdomen so nicely and the colors are fantastic. I love being surprised by small spiders and the colors you can only see under magnification. You’ve shown the eye positioning really well, too. It varies from species to species and I had no idea these guys had them placed this way - like wolf spiders.

Hi Kristen, to get to few inches of the spider and at the entrance of the funnel was a challenge. But then I got a few frames with about 1 and half hour in that position, until the spider got comfortable and was hanging out near the entrance of the funnel.

Thanks
Balan

1 Like

Balan: Your patience really paid off for this capture. Great to have you back and thanks for an exceptional image. >=))>

Hi Balan, exceptional image - love the head on look and the details in the spider. Great lighting too. Wonderful!