Another Osprey In Flight

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I cropped this in to about 63%. Do you think that is enough? Should I crop in further? I saturated the pine needles ever so slightly, desaturated the sky some, and brightened and sharpened up the Osprey. Look okay?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Composition look good?

Any pertinent technical details:

Shot HH with Canon 7D Mark II, Canon 100-400mm L lens at 400mm, at f8, 1/1250, ISO 320 at 4:56 PM, a few weeks ago at Huntington Beach State Park, Murrells Inlet, SC.

Nice shot as is, If it were mine I would probably try cropping it more to make the osprey stand out more.

Excellent detail and exposure in the Osprey, Shirley. For my taste, the tightness looks just about right. I think birds in flight need a reasonable amount of room to fly into and this crop shows a nice gap between the branches that seems to correspond to the bird’s path. Ideally, the bird would be flying toward you instead of away, but they don’t always cooperate that way. I like what you did to the blues and greens.

Well done.

Thank you, Jacob and Dennis. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Nice job keeping the focus on the osprey against a busy background. The spacing around the osprey looks fine - I feel the skies help see the osprey better which would be a little lost against the pines if it was cropped any tighter. Your processing works well too.

I like everything about the image here Shirley, except for the fact that the bird is flying away from you. Nice job in processing and taking it.