Another Redbud view

It seems like the redbuds have held up for much longer that I can remember, but a check back into my files says that it’s only been two weeks. Anyway, here another look at the young leaves with some oof blooms in the background (for context, :wink:). (7D2, 180mm macro L, 1/200 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod) There was a steady breeze so slower shutters (more dof) or a stack weren’t possible.

2 Likes

Mark, I like this one too. I think you managed the wind very well. At first, I thought the blooms behind the leaves were a bit of a distraction, but I have left your image up on my screen for a bit, walk away and come back, and it is starting to feel like they compliment rather than distract. It is nice to see the different stages within one image. Glad that they are holding out well for you. Nice to have things in our own yards to photograph at this time.

1 Like

Mark: Another really good look at these leaves. If anything a bit less DOF that would throw the BG buds more OOF would work for me. I’ve been working some of our redbuds but they’re a lot further along than yours and you’ve set a really high standard. Well done. >=))>

Great photo image Mark. The color contrast is wonderful. The DOF came out pretty well. I find that I am focusing pretty well on the main subject.