Another version of my previously posted Clouds over Potomac

I frequently visit the C&O Canal area of the Great Falls on MD side to photograph. Many time I will be using my 720nm IR converted Sony A7R camera. Infrared is very suitable for the area.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all will be appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
720nm IR converted Sony A7R with Sony FE 24-105mm lens, 24mm, ISO 200, 1/160 sec at f/11

@IzzyKap1

I think this is a very well balanced composition, I love the pyramid shape of the river, and the way it leads to the cloud that fans out across the sky. I think the water in the LLC has kind of a neat look too.

My primary suggested tweak would be to burn the land along the shoreline in the LLC (but not the trees). For me the brightness of the rocks there competes with the white water.

Thank you Ed. I like your suggestion and will implement. Regards, Izzy.

This is an intriguing image. I like it quite a lot. The shape and positioning of the clouds really worked out for you in the way it fits within the two major arcs of the image. To me the white of the white water is too bright and perhaps the clouds are not bright enough. I would play with their respective tones to reach a nice balance. The bright spot on the rock in the llc is also an issue.

Here’s an alternative crop to consider:

Thank you Igor. Points well taken. I like your cropped version which corrects some of the issues which you have pointed out. Cheers!