Another world

When I travel to any area with dunes, I enjoy getting out early to see who or what has been there before me in the night. I know how hard it can be to walk on dunes so it is easy to imagine the hard it is for this little critter, probably a beetle, to traverse even a small slope “avalanches” an all. I converted this now old photograph to B&W and was pleased with the results.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon, 1/320, f/4.0, ISO50

stilllearningtosee
4 Likes

Excellent, and the abstract nature of the patterns is perfect for B/W. My only nit would be to wish for just a bit more canvas on both sides.

Thank you. As is often the case, while it is possible to change some things about an image, others simply cannot be changed…unless you know a way to time travel!

I don’t mind the tight crop. It feels more dynamic to me, as if something might be still trying to make an escape. Terrific texture. I think I have a couple of similar shots of tiny tracks in sand and snow. Bravo!

John, this is an excellent trail in the sand, where the small ridges and the one bit of tumbled rock add both to the interest and to the story.

Very cool and abstract. The patterns and textures are wonderful.

Neat find here John and it works well as a B&W. I like the repetitive nature of the mounds and the shadows falling across them. Almost looks like some kind of vehicle treads made those tracks, ha ha.