Aquatic Warbler

Usually in the first half of August we get some juvenile migrants from this species in The Netherlands. Breeding in Eastern Europe, the parents fly straight back of Africa, but some of their offspring take a detour to the West first. Known as skulkers, I was pleasantly surprised to have the bird eight minutes in full view, even (sub)singing ! Longer than I have seen in it all my years of birding put together :wink: . Read the full story of me and this species on my blog if you like .https://www.hansoverduin.nl/aquatic-warbler/
Thanks for any comments, have a nice day, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500 with 500mm | 1/1000s | f4 | ISO640 | overexposed 2/3EV | monopod used. I cloned out one vertical bright reed stem and desaturated the image a bit (to match my personal taste)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very lovely image, Hans. I love the surroundings and the pale green background. You may have been constrained by surroundings, but the bird seems a little bit centered vertically to my eye. I think it might work a little better if it were higher in the frame. Still a beautiful image.

1 Like

Hi Hans
You have areal cool looking pastel photograph here. The greens and yellows blend nicely with migrating juvenile. Nice work.
Peter

1 Like