Bluethroat at dawn

Another shot from my Bluethroat session. A more ‘standard’ image of this colourful bird, which just arrived from Africa. There’s quite some birds now singing, the females will arrive any moment now - so they have to be prepared. This bird seems pretty tame, which is not that common. This image was taken without a hide or camouflage - just slowly stepping closer. Once every couple of years I find one that is this cooperative :wink: … Thanks for any feedback, Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/1000s | f5 | ISO560 | overexposed 2/3EV | monopod
I cropped the image to some 80% of the original, no things removed, BG is 100% natural

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Another beautiful image of this species, Hans. I like the slightly open beak and whatever that plant is, it makes a great perch for him. The background really works with the colors of the Bluethroat.

2 Likes

Very nice Hans. A beautiful species very well captured with a pleasing background and perch. Great open beak pose. A beauty!

1 Like

A classic avian image IMO. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Hans
Love the blue. The Bluethroat just pops off the background. Nice work.
Peter

I love that bg and the perch. A dandy pose and nice that you left lots of room for him. Good for you.