Are Raccoons the Robins of the Animal Kingdom?

Well I will answer my own question. Perhaps. Deer may also be part of this equation. As an avian photographer primarily, I find most people don’t appreciate Robins because they are so common. So here’s a Raccoon in Southwest Washington in its natural habitat and not somebody’s neighborhood.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

Iso-800, 100-400+ extender at 560 mm, F8, 250th, Fuji X-T3, Adobe camera raw 11, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz Adjust, TK sharpening action at 10%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Interesting, David. I was just ready to post my interpretation of this critter when I saw yours. Even though they’re considerably different, I do like yours. Your depth of field and hence sharpness of background is considerably more than mine and the whole image has a crisper look which fits the brightness difference.

Nice shot David. I like the feel of the shot and the patterns in the reflection.

The shot needs to be rotated clockwise a bit to level it however. You’ll know when it is level when the reflection is on a vertical line.

I like the eye contact you have here. They may be common but I have yet to find one with any daylight left even though they live on my land. This is a nice shot with a good amount of environment.

Interesting frame & setting, of the two pictures, I may prefer the brightness level somewhere in between. I believe Raccoons are nocturnal animals, so darker version is more appropriate.
Both the versions need some rotation.

Just a little CW rotation. I also prefer a darker version.

Yes, some critters are ignored. Robins, Doves, Blue Jays, Raccoons, Squirrel, etc. That said I love photographing them as when you really look at them they are amazing. your images proves the point with the great detail and kind of curious look of the raccoon.