Are you following me?! & repost

Recropped…

Description: This morning I rode my bike to catch the sunrise on top of the hills at Chip Ross Park and there were a couple of Juncos on the trail.

Specific Feedback Requested: Anything, this was taken when it was still not very light out so I know there’s noise because I had to up the ISO and I needed the shutter at 1/1000 because the birds and I were on the move!

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D3400, 300mm, f/6.3, 1/1000, ISO 3200, did a 5x7 crop and slight adjustments to sharpen and did noise reduction,

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

The noise level doesn’t look objectionable, Vanessa, but the bird is a bit soft. Amazing that you could get it at all from a moving bike. If the image quality supports it, I think a crop up from the bottom above the arc shaped thing in the foreground might be nice.

1 Like

Oh, I guess I see that now @Dennis_Plank I was thinking that bird looked like that because of the light and noise. I think I cropped it like you suggested, does it look any better now? Oh, and I had gotten off my bike and was crouching and walking at the same time! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: