First junco of the year

although I’ve had a fair number of juncos hanging out around my feeders, none have been very cooperative. Well, it was a bit windy this morning with some fairly strong gusts.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-6400, 400+1.4 X, F7 .1, 1000th, tripod, A7r4, less than 50% of full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice, attractive BG, I think it looks good for iso6400 but you lost some detail in the large view.

Looks as if you caught the junco and perch in some nice light. The detail in the head looks pretty good to me; some drop off in wings and tail. Nice contrasty background.

Good looking shot. Nice pose and I like that deep green bg. It seems like a place for a junco.

Nice perch and I really like the pose, David. I agree that the bird doesn’t seem quite as sharp as your usual work.

Lovely light on a nice specimen. The branching of the perch at the left edge pulls my attention. For my taste, with no detail there to balance the visual weight of the bird and the right part of the perch, I would crop it off, almost as far as to a 1:1.