"Are You Looking at Me!?

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: No technical Information

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi John
Is this a Grackle? You did a great job handling the dark blues and green, and the detail is great. What camera, lens… did you use?
Peter

Thanks Peter, Usually use the Canon 100x400mm telephoto with a 1.4x extension. Tried the larger canon extension but had to return it because it did not work. I believe this is a grackle which arrives in great clouds and are very hungry at that.

You caught the iridescence of the Grackle’s plumage extremely well, Wayne. I love the background in this image. You might want to consider burning the bright rear branch or cloning over it. A sweet image.

1 Like

Grackles always seem to have a lot of attitude! I like the colors in the photo; the iridescence looks good. But I think the image quality could be a bit better. Was this a big crop or shot at a high ISO? I can see some noise in the BG, so some noise reduction could help. I also see some cloning marks. I’d try and smooth those out some more.

Great look at the colors of the Grackle and nice head turn. I like the perch. In the very largest version I see definite artifacts around the grackle, that I get when I’ve selected the bird and got some overlap onto the background and then did something such as sharpening.

Hi Allen, I’ve found my use of Topaz DeNoise has some drawbacks. It does not remove noise in certain areas such around the feet. I can also see that more blending of the clone stamp on the left bottom when the photo is really enlarged may be required.