At home

It’s now a good time to give attention to my own garden

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ben: Our garden is about the only thing keeping me sane right now. I love the challenges and rewards of light like this. You’ve taken the whites right to the edge and I like the subtle shadow detail on the right side. Very nicely done. >=))>

You have created a splendid light contrast, a battle to the death between dark and light. Excellent background too. No nit for me, I would not change a comma. I love the photo.

Hello Ben, I like your side composition here, it’s a nice break from the typical “face” shot. The contrast works wonderfully and the diagonal lines nicely separate the different features in this shot. Especially interesting to me are the highlights on the bulbous part of each flower. Thanks for sharing!

A very refreshing image, Ben - the starkness of the contrast hits you in the eye. I might only suggest framing the flowers a touch more centrally, but that is no big deal.

A very powerful composition, Ben. I love the edge lighting on the leaves and the almost black background.

Beautiful how the white narcissus standing out against the dark BG. Very nice image and always fun to explore ones own garden.

@Ian_Wolfenden, @Bill_Fach, @Giuseppe_Guadagno, @Dennis_Plank, @Jim_Lockhart, @Ellen, Thank you all for so much positive comments. It makes me going to take more images in my garden !