At Peace in the Pond #2

This is also a re-post but one of my favorites for the year. This old cow moose has obviously had a hard life but still has what it takes to raise a calf! She was in the pond by herself when I started shooting and then the calf suddenly showed up in the frame. The color difference between the two is striking. I shot a number of shots but liked this one the most because the calf was sticking its tongue out :slight_smile:

Sony a6500, FE100400GM @ 400 mm, ISO-400, f/5.6, 1/1250, hand held.

Very cool, Gary. Excellent depth of field and I like the splashes.

Really good one, Gary. Great moment in time with the looks and the tongue out. I can see why this is a favortie.

Hi Gary,

I like the details in the fur of these 2 moose. Well done…Jim

Really nice study of this moose family, Gary. The focus is spot on and shows the wonderful details in the coats. Love the tongue also.

Gary, the greens and their reflections are quite striking. Yes the color difference between mom and calf is neat also. The action, with mom drinking/eating and the youngster being a kid and sticking out it’s tongue are special. Easy to see why this is a favorite. Best wishes in 2019.

An awesome image of mother and her young, Gary. Detail and color are super good.