At Peace in the Pond #2

A cow Moose that was quite old and a bit ragged with all her injuries but still a healthy specimen and even had a calf! The wounds on her hip look like they were from a bear attack and the hole in her right rear leg looks like it was from a wolf attack. She obviously led a difficult life but was clearly a survivor!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony a6500, FE100400GM @ 400mm (600mm w/crop factor), ISO-400, f/5.6, 1/1250, hand held.

3 Likes

Gary, how wonderful that you got to witness her with a calf! The image tells a nice story. The only thing I’d hope for if I was photographing this was that the calf’s head had separated a bit more from Mom’s legs, but that doesn’t always happen the way we plan! It is still a lovely image well done.

Well done. I like the composition. I know you often get what you get with wildlife, but the balance between the cow and the calf is great. (And she is definitely ragged!)

Perfect moment in time well captured. You could hardly have posed them better. The calf’s tongue sticking out is icing on the cake. Your talent and patience paid off.