At the beginning of a hot day

They say it was the last hot day this year, And that is a very good message !

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more than welcome as usual .

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

For me, at least, silhouettes can be a complete bore. Not so with this one. Very, very moody, as are most of your photographs. The aspect ratio is an excellent choice to frame these three trees that are the structural centre of the image. The diagonal moving from lower left to right adds dynamism, while the fog and the mid ground line of trees add a wonderful sense of depth. I might consider pulling back a hair on the brightness of the sun but that’s a small thing and a matter of taste. Lovely.

Moody in a haunting sense for me here. I like the rhythm of the trees and the triangle shape in the lower right.

1 Like

Beautiful silhouettes against a dreamy BG. The light from the sun is stunning! I love that the diagonal line of the FG meets another diagonal in the BG, to pull the eye back into the composition.

What was your first thought when you saw this? That’s right, Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. Just as the music captures the glowing mystery of a moonlit night, this does as well.

Well done.

I know it’s the sun but the darkness suggests a moon.

Ben,

You have posted many wonderful images here, and this has to be one of my favorites. I agree the mood here is haunting and this is quite dynamic.
Just beautiful work!

I get a feeling of cautious optimism for the day ahead as the sun burns through haze. The line running diagonally up to the rightand sweeping to the left I first thought was the curve of a crater, it was so smoothly composed. I enjoyed the brightness of the sun and its flare. I wonder if a slice could be taken from the right edge, as the area of light grey seems large to me.

Very nicely done Ben. The silhouettes of the trees and the fog make for a wonderful atmosphere. I also think you have a good composition, the triangle of the sloping hill makes the image more dynamic. And I agree with @Igor_Doncov this “feels” like moonlight, even though it is the sun. I think this aspect of the image makes for an interesting illusion.

Beautiful, Ben. I love the dark and dreamy mood along with a sense of mystery. This is one of my favorites from your posts here.

You have captured a very moody, ethereal scene Ben. I also like how you handled the exposure.

@Ed_McGuirk, @Eva_McDermott, @Harley_Goldman, @Dick_Knudson, @Igor_Doncov, @Alan_Kreyger, @Diane_Miller, @Nathan_Klein, @Kerry_Gordon, @Lon_Overacker I thank you all to analyse my image.
Most of this image I made by feel and good viewing the place,
By your comments and suggestions I realized the strength of the image

Very nice image. I love the mist. My only issue is the tree on the far right in the distance, my eye seems to stick on it and because it’s so close to the edge it bothers me. Other than that I love it.

1 Like