At the local park

Not at sunrise or sunset
But at 10 am
All that beautiful light, dark and color

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome as always !!

Technical Details

5 Likes

This is beautiful, Ben. Must have been some wonderfully filtered light coming down. I like the dark upper foreground balanced against the lighter background. This works quite well. The colors are fantastic too. Nicely seen and processed, Ben.

Wow, Ben! This is gorgeous. The lighting really makes this photo. I like the speckled dark and light leaves in the foreground tree. It looks like a painting. Great job!! The only little thing I could say is maybe darken that very small light area between the two large trunks at the top of the yellow grass. Just by a weeeee bit. I’d hang this on my wall.

This is a wonderful image! It really does look like an impressionistic painting. I can imagine how the warm sun feels and the humidity rising off of the plants. Very nice use of light.

Great image, Ben. You are the master of light! Thanks for showing us that good light could be found any time during the day and not only at sunrise or sunset. I like a lot the contrast between the darker green leaves and the brighter BG.

1 Like

This is nice Ben, one of your better uploads! I like the green and yellow combo and the play w/ light and dark here.

You have room to cool down the white balance and desaturate the greens a bit here which will give you more color separation. Nice scene and light!

@David_Bostock ,Thank you David for your positive comment !

@Donna_Callais ,I had the same issue with my wife about that area. I like it this as it is. But thank you so much for your comment.

@Christine_Franzen ,Thank you for your comment , Christine

@Ola_Jovall ,Nice comment, Ola

@Matt_Payne ,Glad you like my image, Matt

1 Like

@Eric_Bennett ,Great tip to improve this image . But also a lesson for images like this to come
I gave it a try in this rework.

That is feeling nice, but I would be tempted to cool down the shadows even more and then also selectively warm up the light slightly again.

1 Like

@Eric_Bennett , working on it. Show you later. Thank you Eric.

Beautiful Ben! Not sure how you manage to keep topping yourself - but somehow you keep doing it!

Yes, beautiful light can be found any time of the day - and all the more reason to never throw in the towel because the clock strickes a certain time.

Love your rework. Even with your original, I was really stricken by the balance between the darker leaves in shadow nearly dominating the frame - yet they meld with the highlighted background beautifully. Highlights are bright - and accurately depicted (even though I wasn’t there.)

I have no other suggestions for improvement, you’re already there.
Lon

@Lon_Overacker , Lon ,In your opinion (and from some others). I reached a certain level (improved). That is how it comes to me. And that is good to hear.
Now I have to try and keep up with it. It feels a bit strange. On the other hand I am now a bit more sure of myself in photography ,
Thank you, I am grateful for your comments. And of course from others here on NPN

1 Like