August & rework

Rework:

I love how this field that I used to live near changes so much through the seasons. I don’t know if I have a favorite time because it all is beautiful. This is when the Queen Anne’s Lace is covering it.

Specific Feedback Requested

I really like the dark grass in the upper right, but maybe it takes away from the overall symmetry? Anything else…

Technical Details

330mm, f/9, 1/8, ISO 100. ICM with short, quick sideways up and down stroke.

1 Like

I like the textures and subtle colors in this image. However, I think it is somewhat dull and muddy looking. I made an attempt at editing, but this may not be what your vision was. I increased the lights, did a little dehaze, increased the saturation just a touch, and lightened the dark grass in the URC. I tried to keep the edits minimal to keep with your original idea.

1 Like

That’s interesting @Chris_Baird as I was thinking the same thing. However, after viewing this for a few minutes I feel like the muted contrast and saturation is on purpose and I like it. I love the vertical plant about 40% from the right edge. It’s very muted but has noticeable blades or shafts that I like. The very soft pale white splotches are very nice. I find the dark grass in the upper right to be a distraction unless you want the viewers eye to go there. It does take my eye out of the scene as well. The lesser one to the right is less distracting and also doesn’t go out of the frame so you might try and dodge the darker one to help it fade out and also clone some of the top of it. I think that would work if you are intent on keeping it. Very nice Vanessa.

1 Like

Vanessa, this is an interesting image. There is no right or wrong regarding tonality and cropping. It all depends on the emotion you want to convey. With your original version, the lighter tones of the flowers stand out because they are not competing with the grasses. The darker spot on the upper right is ab it distracting to me.

1 Like

Hello @Chris_Baird @David_Haynes & @Alfredo_Mora , thank you so much for feedback. I totally get where you’re going with what you did @Chris_Baird but I was kind of going more for the subtle colors that were there when it was taken at dusk. I healed up the darker plants in the upper right as it seems the consensus is that it is a distraction. Does it look improved? Thanks again!

1 Like