Autumn Flames

This was taken on a beautiful fall morning in the rockies.
I love this image but i also hate it. I wanted to share it, share my thoughts about it and what i learned from it and also hear what others have to say.

The backstory,
The 10 days leading to this day my family and I had contracted COVID and were in quarantine. It is during those exact two weeks that the fall colors peaked and if you have ever been here in the Canadian Rockies you know they are very short lived.
I was not very sick but i had to quarantine and i was burning inside for not being able to photograph the fall colors.
The first day i was free to go i went to wedge pond (very popular spot) and was treated by amazing conditions.

Lessons Learned:

1. come early. I arrived about 10 mins before sunrise. The lake shore was already full of tripods :sweat_smile: barely found a spot but as the sky lit on fire i was running around like a headless chicken.

2. pay attention to the wind. It was very very windy (look at the trees) let me tell you i was very concerned about lining up my shot and catching the light that i did not think of my shutter speed and foliage movement.

3. if you compose a pano shoot more than you need. I think this is well knwon but in conditions like this you may forget. I forgot :sob:

Here are the technical issues j can spot:

1. the moving trees
  2. the foreground leading line is kind of jarring. I wanted to include it to show the fall vibes and let’s be honest, because i am somewhat programed to have a foreground but it feels forced. What do you think?
  3. i am not sure what to do about it but the big water space just fees off.
  4. no room for the image to breath in the right

Specific Feedback Requested

Read the description and let me know if you have further comments or suggestions for next time.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
This is a pano with different exposures and focus points but all from the same location and same time.

@arefalragehi

Beautiful photo, Aref. The moment and colors would have been, IMHO, a spectacular way to start the day. I am most certainly not an expert on composition, however, if it were mine, I would be inclined to crop off the bottom. I do realize you were trying to capture the fall leaves, again for me, it is as if you were trying to capture too much in one scene. Love to hear what others think? Great effort!

I believe it is generally accepted that the eye moves from the foreground to the midground then the background. Also, bright objects get more attention from the eye. So large bright objects in the foreground really stall the eye. IMO, the leaves detract from tne mountains and the trees, so I agree with Linda: the leaves need to go.