Autumn in Norway

This image was made in Sotaseter, Norway. I was lucky: the night before I arrived here some fresh snow had fallen on the higher parts of the mountains.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Would you crop to loose the upper part of the sky? I like the sky in this image, but a more panoramic view could be better. I don’t like to crop the foreground, because that is where the movement in the water is strongest.
Any other remarks are, as always, welcome as well.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Composite of 3 exposures, around 1/400s.
Pentax K10D, 200ISO, Pentax DA 4/16-45mm @26mm, f11.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I think cropping down to the top of the main cloud slightly improves it, but as presented it is beautiful. Not sure if such a crop adds much. I love how you have treated the water. In other comments you have mentioned that you like more subdued colors, and this image clearly demonstrates that preference and works very well. I generally prefer more saturation, but not here. Out of curiosity, where were you standing to obtain this perspective?

@Jim_Gavin thanks for your comment.
There was a footbridge over the water and I tried to stay as low as possible, laying down on the bridge and hanging over the edge.

I think I would follow @Jim_Gavin crop suggestion. I really like the image as is, but I think the crop improves it a little. Really like your perspective. Seems like you were standing in the river.
:vulcan_salute:

A dusting of snow is the best you can get in autumn, looks great! I’m also for the cropping at the top a bit. To me it balances the image just a bit more.

This is a beautiful image of what looks like a beautiful place! I especially like the light on the hill on the right side. I’m quite torn with the idea of cropping the image and I keep going back and forth. For sure the crop would change the image but I can’t decide whether it would be better or just different.

Your choice of exposure here really give the water good energy. And the colors are lovely.

The comments on color are interesting. To me, this is quite colorful and saturated - very rich. But Jim Gavin commented that you might consider this somewhat subdued. Different perspectives. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks to @Jim_Gavin, @Michael_Lowe, @Tom_Nevesely, @Ron_Jansen and @Bonnie_Lampley for your comments!
@Bonnie_Lampley: for me too, this image is certainly saturated enough. As @Jim_Gavin remarked, in general I don’t like overly saturated processing, while he prefers a bit stronger colour. It’s a matter of taste and it probably depends on the subject.
I will post another image or two of the same region, we’ll see what the members think of the colours :wink: