Azalea time

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Too crowded?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D850, Nikkor 200mm macro, 1/30, f/22, ISO 250, tripod. For the DOF two shots melted manually in PS levels.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A lovely composition, Gigi. I really like the light on the blossoms. The only thing I might think abut changing is to burn the leaf on the left a bit. It just feels too prominent. Depth of field is perfect.

Gigi
Gorgeous! Love this. I do agree with Dennis on that leaf, a minor nit in the scheme of this beautiful composition.

Gigi: Of course you would find a way to make a great image from one of my nemeses. We have dozens of azaleas in our garden but I’ve never been real satisfied with my images of them. This is beautiful and a superbly crafted image. I don’t think I would have noticed the leaf if others hadn’t mentioned it. It’s ok with me as is. >=))>

What a perfect grouping of flowers and buds. The color in this variety is lovely, one I’ve never seen. Detail, background and presentation are perfect. A stunning image!

Beautiful image, Gigi. I have never shot a good image of azaleas. I am not sure why I find them to be such a challenge. Well done. I also haven’t got into the stacking.

Shirley try a back lit shot, the transparencies enhance the colors, the details and the inner light.

1 Like

Beautiful play of light and shadow, Gigi, and some fine detail from the focus blending. This captures the luxuriant feel of these lovely flowers perfectly.

No nits. An exceptional Azalea presentation. A perfect two image blend, with the subject well lit and the leaves fading to black in the corners.:+1::+1:

Giuseppe,

Beautiful image. Great light and nice background color.

Don