Bad hair day

I was floating down the Back River and this Blue popped up. July 15, 9:05 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 500. The shot is cropped by 50% and I increase the vibrancy in DXO Photo Lab5.

1 Like

Well-named!! I can relate to that!

Hi Peter,
Nice view as we seem to be stealing a peak of this regal bird. I like the placement of the bird in the frame and the position of the bird’s head peering over this scene. The bird looks soft especially in large size - perhaps due to the photographing while floating.

I love these sorts of images where the bird just seems to pop above the undergrowth. The shapely, taller grasses surrounding the bird are very appealing.

I would be tempted to clone out the grasses on the left hand edge.

1 Like

Very cool, Peter. I like half hidden birds, so this really works for me and the disheveled appearance is great.

Hi Diane, Allen, Glenys & Dennis
Thank you for your kind words. Here is a repost with some of the grass removed and the shot reprocessed using deep prime. I looked at the shot in Topaz Sharpen AI and that only add artifacts to the Blue. The Heron’s eye is sharp, so I believe it is just having a bad hair day.
Peter

1 Like

I like this without the grass on the left!

Yes Peter, the repost works better with it being a little cleaner. This is an out-of-the-box and different heron shot.

Hi Glenys & David
Thank you your kind comments. David the adult Blue was just to the left of this juvenile and has a very cleaned up look.
Peter