Baily's Beads

Baily’s beads captured during the 2017 total solar eclipse. As the sun begins to reemerge from behind the moon these “beads” appear at the lowest spots on the moons surface. Thanks for taking a look and all comments and critiques are appreciated.

D500 500mm @ f8, 1/160 sec

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is cool, Jay. I like the mystery with this solar event along with the sunstars peeking out along the rim of the moon. No suggestions from me. Where were you when you captured this?

Thanks Ed. We loaded up the kids at 4 in the morning and headed down toward Athens, Tenn. to catch the eclipse. We live in southwest Virginia and the trip down wasn’t bad, but the trip back was a slow crawl in traffic. At least it was nice to see so many people willing to go outside to experience a natural event!

Jay,

This is awesome! Terrific job executing this capture.

No nits. the only thing I can think of is just in the presentation. I’m wondering if just centering this in a simple square format would look good. Just a thought.

Lon

I love it! The way you captured that star burst on the beads is just remarkable and really makes this image shine.

I really don’t know how you did this., The large view is awesome, just great timing and processing and knowing what you are doing…
Looks like an award winner to me.