BananaRama

Apple I Phone 8 @ 3.99mm
ISO 50, 1/120 @ f1.8 with some kind of in camera HDR magic
Taking a very short break from the garden tour. I went with Chrissy to Lowe’s garden center this afternoon (always a dangerous foray-to my wallet!) and while we were wandering I spotted some back lit red banana leaves. I rarely use my phone for serious images but when that’s all you have so it goes. I like how this turned out and for a confirmed color junkie like me its almost overload. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

I like it a lot Bill. It has such an abstract feel to it, but still has so much detail and the colors are fantastic. For me, the composition just adds to the abstractness of the photo. Good eyes and great capture.

Wonderful array of colors and composition. The tiny vine on the unopened petal is the candle on the cake. The back lighting is striking. Nicely captured.

A real eye-dazzler, Bill ! Yes, there’s loads of colour, but I reckon it all goes together nicely with the radiating veins helping give a real sense of energy.

Great photo! Well done.

Very cool! That spiral bud coming up from the bottom really makes this. Nurseries and garden centers are chock full of interesting photo ops, IMO. I always take some sort of camera with me when we go.

Bill,

A bit late here, but had to chime in and comment how cool this is! Great find. Love the colors, the patterns/lines in the leaf and even including the little emerging new leaf (?).

Not a big deal, and you might not be inclined to do anything, but I was trying to think how you could eliminate the dark corner, LL.

So Tropical! (duh.)