Bare Essentials Part 3 - Next time, this time

A tiny twig has broken off from its home base. More minimalist joy in fresh powdery snow.

Because there is so little to these kinds of images, cropping and framing becomes critical. I decided to put the twig lower in the scene to emphasize the idea of falling, of breaking away.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does that work?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld

Lightroom for RAW processing - mostly a big exposure bump because I goofed. Bumped the whites and did what I could to bring up snow texture. Did some brush work in the leaves themselves to contour the different colors and textures there. Photoshop to remove a distraction.

@the.wire.smith

Love this. Excellent minimalism and the texture of the snow really helps to give it a sense of depth. Awesome.

Wonderful detail and focus in the leaves. The composition and crop work for me, with the longer stem reaching up into the center of the frame.

Nice. The crop works well. I like the whiteness of the snow in this one. In your others, the snow didn’t look quite so nice and white.

Thanks @David_Bostock, @Diane_Miller & @Bonnie_Lampley - glad it works. These are so much fun. Was out doing it again today and yesterday. Crazy.

Kris: I especially like the color of the leaves and the simple but effective comp. Nice save on your “goof”. Excellent series. >=))>