Barrow's Goldeneye

While not as striking as the adults, this immature was actively displaying all around my blind. 7D2, 500/F4+1.4, F7.1, 1/1250, ISO 800, tripod, ground blind. Thanks for any comments or suggestions, Dave

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice pose and good detail. I find the reflection of the head a bit dizzying; maybe some judicious cloning could remove it.

Lovely image with a nice low angle, Dave. I really like the raised head and open beak-they add a lot of liveliness to the image.

Hi David,

Nice pose and I think that your crop looks pretty good. You could try to play around with the reflection, but doing so would change the rules of the physics of light. So keep it real. Well done…Jim

Really nice. IQ, light, and water color look great. I wish we had these around here. If mine, I’d clone out some of those little spots in the water.

I would clean the water up, Nice IQ and nice pose.

Nice pose you captured on this immature David. I agree with Jim, I wouldn’t change a thing. Nice work.

David: you captured the bird at just the right moment. The head tilt and open beak showing the tongue take this photo to another level. Techs are spot on. Richard

Fine pose, David. The open bill and tongue are a big bonus.

I like this. Even the spots in the water and the reflection.