Bathing Robin

In the Northern parts of North America, the return of the Robins has long been considered one of the first signs of spring. In this case I managed to catch this one bathing in my water garden. (7D2, 100-400 @ 400, 1/1250s, f/10, iso 1600, tripod)

2 Likes

Great bathing shot of this robin, Mark! Very nice detail in the large version. Robins don’t show up here until late May, early June when the ground starts showing up and thawing out.

Oh how fun! Great detail in the feathers Mark. Really wonderful capture.

I love splashing water and birds! This is beautiful. I love your down-low perspective especially.

Excellent detail and I love the wing position, Mark. These birds do love their baths. Out here, we have a few all winter, but they’re here in large numbers (most heading further north) now.

Very appealing action shot, Mark, with a nicely sharp capture of the bird. How nice to have a feature like this in your back yard !

I love Robins. This little guy is so cute. What a great action shot with the bird’s wing moving and the splashing water droplets. The colors in the rocks echo the colors of the Robin. Very nice photo.

1 Like

Such a great stop action of this Robin, Mark. I love how the water is in a stream from his wing. The low perspective really makes this shot even more appealing. Wonderful details and color.