Battle bots

So ok, it’s not nature, but I had a lot of fun doing this a few years ago. I had some white board stock and these little wind up robots that threw great shadows in the afternoon sun. So I set up the tripod and moved them around.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything to improve. I still have the robots and if the sun ever comes out again, they can go another round.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod - all the exposures were about like this -

Lr for a curves adjustment to brighten whites, lower shadows, sharpening, texture & clarity. Some white balance adjustment as well. In retrospect, I should have upped my exposures since I really had to boost the whites. Oh well. You’d think a winter photographer would have remembered that.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

A fun change. Maybe next time you can have them holding flowers? :slight_smile:

:clown_face:…Good ones here, Kris.

Thanks @JohnSnell & @Paul_Breitkreuz - definitely out of my wheelhouse for this one, but I thought the series would be good for this theme.

Chris, I don’t see any “nature” in these.

1 Like

Understood, Marc. However, this comes up all the time and if not expressly forbidden, it seems open to me. In other discussions you’ve sanctioned it. I checked before posting.

I’ll take it down if you want.

I like the concept. Looks like they belong to a Lego set?

No, not Lego. Little wind up toys from the 50s I’m pretty sure. Believe it or not they still can walk!