Beauty of the insignificant - 1

Description: I have been working on the images made this summer and the last, mostly about the tiny and barely noticeable flowers, including grass flowers. I am fascinated by such small flowers when I get out on a hike to photograph. This one is the first of the series. This is English Plantain, a non-native flower in the prairie that is naturalized, but I haven’t seen these being invasive. They are usually scattered around the edges, stems about 3-6 inches long, flower heads are about 0.5-2 cm long.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod

f/11, 1/60, ISO 800, Canon DPP4 for Raw, PSCC, a small crop all around

Is this a composite? no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Amazing detail, Ravi, for such a tiny flower. The slightly off center, along with the angle of the flower add curious interest. The OOF background helps make the flower pop even more. Nicely seen and captured.

Beautiful capture Ravi - very nice detail, including the small threads attached to the stem. The background is nicely blurred too. Well done.

Hi Ravi,

Outstanding detail with a nice spider web too. The detail in the stem is impressive as well. The smooth BG helps to pull the viewer’s eyes toward the subject. Well; done…Jim

Ravi: This is simply superb. Wonderful subject, great light, solid comp and a marvelous BG. Many :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:>=))>

What Bill said. I’m enjoying your series of the small flowers/plants in our environment.