Beaver Creek Abstract

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An acquaintance who’s heavily involved in staving off over-development asked me to photograph a creek that’s slated to have a million square foot warehouse plunked alongside it. I took some the images just pointing down into the creek and focusing on the bottom to show water clarity. A couple of frames looked like they might lend themselves to abstracts. This is about 40% of one of those frames.

Specific Feedback

I did a fair amount of playing with luminosity and saturation here and there and brought the texture up quite a bit to try to give it a bit of an impressionist look. Too far?

Technical Details

Sony A7Riv, Tamron 28-200 @ 119mm, hand held, f/16, 1/80, iso 1600. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4072x5392. Taken at 2:29 PM on February 6th under partly cloudy skies.

Completely worthy of hanging in a modern art gallery!! I love the varied shapes, colors and textures. The top half is especially interesting and could give you a twofer.

This has a wonderful energy about it Dennis. I think you have achieved your impressionistic goal due the colors and form. You could try skewing the white balance towards the cooler side to increase color separation.