Summer Creek

Just hanging out by the side of a local creek late last summer, enjoying the reflections.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments welcome. Some may consider that dark branch reflection to be rather intrusive, but it doesn’t bother me. I did dodge it quite a bit as it was really dark. I upped the saturation overall - too much for the orange/yellows?

Technical Details

a7r3, 105mm, f/6.3, 1/320s, ISO 2000, hand held

3 Likes

I think the two yellows in the upper right do a nice job of balancing the dark branch in the lower left, Bonnie. he composition does a good job of keeping my eye moving around the image.

Yes, I love the composition and the colors feel perfect! Not at all over-saturated and the dark branch has enough detail. Very lovely!

Bonnie, this is lovely and a trademark Bonnie Lampley abstract. Well done. I think he dark branch provides an anchor for the rest of the scene. It leads my eye into the center and upper right, which is the most important part. The lower left below the branch is also directional, leading my eye right and up. Well done!

Love it, Bonnie. As soon as I saw I thought it was yours. Feels like glass. The balance works very well as @Dennis_Plank pointed out. Looks like a great place to hang out! Very nicely seen and processed.

Very calming photo. I can see myself sitting and enjoying the view. The reflections from above work perfectly with the ripples in the water. I think your editing is spot on.

Beautiful reflection you captured, Bonnie! I love it when there are square ripples in water. I think the wavy looking branch adds to the interest of the scene.

Bonnie, this is a wonderful water abstract. Very reminiscent of stained glass. The branch does not bother me much The colorful leaves on the opposite end help balance it out nicely. I don’t really have any corrections to offer. Nicely seen and photographed scene.

Thank you, @Dennis_Plank, @Diane_Miller, @David_Bostock, @linda_mellor, @David_Starr, @Vanessa_Hill, and @Alfredo_Mora for your feedback and appreciation. Just goes to show that we should trust our instincts - I’ve been coming back to this for months, but sat it thinking it was too odd. I guess it isn’t - lol. (Although I would still like it if everyone else thought it rubbish. :slight_smile:)