Bee and Asters

Overall sharpness and contrast[Uploading: IMG_4561V1.jpg…] )

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Composition, colors

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Canon RP, RF-24-240mm F-4/F-6.3, IS USM, 1/800 F-6.3 ISO 1000 HH

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

John, this is a wonderful capture of this little bee on the Asters. Great details in the bee. I like the composition, colors, everything. If this was mine, I might would selectively calm the brightness down on the back end of the bee and maybe some on the flower pedals on the right side, and see if I could clone out the tiny pieces of flower at the bottom of the image. Otherwise, an excellent image, in my opinion.

Hi John, nice capture of the bee - I like the placement in the frame and good view of the head with a slight angle toward us. Agree with Shirley about taking out the stray pieces of vegetation below the main flower.

John, this is a good look at both the bee and the aster, well composed and nicely sharp where it matters. I agree with Shirley that a bit of burning-in on the back of the bee would be good.

Thank you for your kind comments.

1 Like

Excellent photo John, I agree with others on the brighter area but this was well done in comp. and color contrast. I also like the angle you were at with the photo instead of being higher than the subject.

John: A pretty spectacular capture IMO. Marvelous details on the bee and a fine perch. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:>=))>

Thank you for your kind comments.

John