Bee in the Green

In the McDonald Dunn Forest there were a bunch of Hover-bees/flys , I’m not sure which, so I worked on trying to get in the action! I love watching them! It took awhile to get them in the right position to face me and not shoot right in the sun!

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
102mm
1/3200
f/6.3
ISO 3200
Square crop and had to try to get some of the noise out, and lowered contrast, adjusted blacks and whites and brought highlights up a bit.

Vanessa, that tiny, nicely sharp bee stands out here. Every once in a while, the weekly challenge is “small in the frame”, this would fit that theme very well also.

1 Like

Wow, Vanessa, you sure timed that little guy just right. Not sure how you were even able to get a focus on him. I keep trying to get one face on, maybe eventually.

1 Like

Thank you, @Mark_Seaver , so does that mean we are allowed to use an image again? @Shirley_Freeman I kind of think that sometimes a longer lens can work good for capturing even insects in flight. I know it’s not as detailed as a macro lens but from a distance it almost seems like you can watch and anticipate their moves better, if that makes sense. Thanks for your interest,always appreciated!

1 Like